Ethernet communication in main control cabinet
The main control cabinet is the central control unit of the entire system. It connects the office level as well as the individual machine control cabinets with each other via ETHERLINE® ACCESS Switches. Communication between the individual machines on the field level as well as the ERP system and the office to the Internet runs via the main control cabinet.
- Ethernet meterware for cable trays between the cabinets. Installation via field-mountable RJ45 data connectors.
- Pre-assembled patchcords with RJ45 data connectors in the control cabinet for the connection of PLC to the drive system, decentralized I/O system, HMI, Wifi, router, etc. Protection class IP20.
- Unmanaged or Managed Switches - Managed switches can be used for setting up redundant networks and have extensive diagnostic functions.
- Firewall for security and network separation via NAT (Network Address Translation). Allows access restriction from the rest of the company network.
For communication from the main cabinet to the machine control cabinet:
For communication from the main cabinet to the office:
- ETHERLINE® ACCESS NAT Router
- ETHERLINE® FLEX patch cable (RJ45 to RJ45)
- DIN Rail adapter
- ETHERLINE® LAN cable
For communication inside the main cabinet: